Special Holiday Exhibition
Times Still Available 31 October & 1 November
Join us for a special exhibition of Creepy Cacophonies, Terrifying Tones, and Spooky Sounds!
This family-friendly (but just as fun for adults) special Halloween-themed exhibition of sinister sonics is half and hour of atmospheric listening, presented by The Phantom Curator – an undead collector of the auditory macabre! Thrill to the scariest sounds in our Permanent Collection, like:
• Walking through ancient Egyptian catacombs
• A cauldron of bats emerging at night
• Exploring an abandoned house after a tornado
• A terrifyingly creaky door from the 17th Century house of artist Peter Paul Rubens
• The first recording of a human voice – from beyond the grave!
• The Guildhall Art Gallery in London – on fire!
• Connecting to the internet – with a DIAL-UP MODEM!
We’ll also present some unheard spooky sounds from our archives, as well as some surprise classic sounds!
Spend Halloween Weekend listening along with The Phantom Curator!
Join us for this special atmospheric holiday presentation you visit online from the comfort of your own home, via video chat – dim the lights, set out some candles, close your eyes, and let us lead you through this eerie exhibition!